Thursday, November 23, 2017

Athletics recounts

Here are some recounts of the fantastic day we had at Riverdale School Athletics Day 2017.


One very sunny hot day we did athletics. I kept on calling it Olympics over and over again. My favourite was hurdles. I really wanted to do hurdles every time we did Olympics...Oh sorry, athletics. Now we can move onto shot put and discus. Shot put I went to flag three, discus I went to flag two. (I thought I was going to get flag three, but I got two instead of three.) I felt sad but when we moved on to relays, I was happy again. I came 11th. I loved all of them actually. Athletics is my favourite sport apart from Rippa. But I think athletics is pretty cool!
By Jacob Conwell

On your marks, get set, go! I was off. It was athletics day. There were hurdles, high jump, discus, long jump, shot put, 400 metre run and best of all the relays. I was part of the Takahe relay team. I came second on long jump. I almost made it to the end of the sandpit! It was very hot. I felt sweat dripping down my back, then slowly dripping like a broken tap onto the ground. It was fun yesterday.
By Petra

Guess what? No, no, no we didn't find a dead bird yesterday. We did athletics yesterday! We did discus, hurdles, high jump, sprints...well I didn't really do high jump and sprints because on hurdles those naughty high hurdles...well they were just too high for me...so I tripped then fell on my face. My tooth got really wiggly with blood squirting out of my mouth...sore leg...can't walk... I went home and yeah, I think Takahe and Kereru won, but I'm not sure. By the way I am in Kereru!
By Emily

Yesterday was athletics day. We went on the bus to Massey University. I am a year 2 boy, I went with the year 2 boys Zac S., Zac W., Devon, Bentley, Benji N., Kyjahn, Kouta, Kade and lucky last Liam. First I went to shot put. I don't know how far I got, but I would say about 3 or 4 metres. Next I went to discus. There was a 1, 2, 3 and 4. I got a 4. After that I did hurdles. First and second were still in and the rest were out. I got into the boy's finals and came second place. Then I did high jump. I got a three. It was quite hard. Next I did sprints. I got into the boy's finals which was me, Benji N., and Kyjahn. Benji N. came first, I came seconds and Kyjahn came third. We had 2 matches. Benji N, 8 house points for Tui. I scored 6 house points for Kereru and Kyjahn scored 4 house points for Kereru. Kyjahn and I added up our points for Kereru and in total we got 10 house points for Kereru. Next I did long jump. There were 3 flags and I jumped to flag 3. Next it was relays. I couldn't race because I was a spare. First was the year 1's. Kakapo then it was year 2's. Kakapo won that. Then year 3's. Kakapo won . Then year 4's. Kakapo won. Then year 5's. Kakapo won. Year 6's, Tui won. After the relay races, we got into our homerooms and went on the bus back to school! What a day!
By Joshua   

No comments:

Post a Comment